Wednesday, April 14, 2010

One Day Post-Op

Yesterday was my big day. Got to the surgery center at 7:15 and was taken right back. The nurses Terry, Julie and Becky were the best. Calmed me down and Becky got my IV going on the first stick.

I was taken into the surgery suite at 8:07 and the next thing I know I am being told to take deep breaths my oxygen sat was low. It was 10:00. By ten after I was up and going to the bathroom. I was out the door on my way home by 10:30ish. Home in my recliner by 11:00.

I slept on and off yesterday and walked outside a little since it was such a beautiful day. Not too much, but enough to enjoy it.

At 10:00 last night I decided that I would try sleeping in my bed. Well, that didn't last too long. It hurt too much trying to set up and get comfortable. So, I went back to the recliner. I think that I didn't sleep well last night because of all the sleep I got during the day. Oh well, I made up for it today.

Today, I feel much worse than I did yesterday. I just feel achy all over, like I lost a fight or over exercised. I didn't take any pain medication after my 11:00 dose last night. I switched over to Liquid Tylenol. I don't like how those pain killers make me feel. I would rather be a little sore than feeling all weird. It also made my nose itch, which I can't stand. So, it has been Tylenol today and I am getting by.

I didn't get the pain in my shoulder that others have complained about. That is a true blessing. I have had that pain before and it really hurts. Dr. R. did a great job.

I am looking forward to feeling a little better each day. I really thought that I would be able to go back to work tomorrow, but I really don't see that happening. Maybe Friday.

I can't believe that I already have the band. I really don't notice any difference in drinking. I don't really feel any type of restriction yet. I will ask about that next week at my post-op visit. Or maybe I will be able to tell a little more tomorrow when I go on full liquids. Hard to believe that I am looking forward to soup. I really haven't been hungry yet. I am getting in my liquids as required today and will see how the next step goes.

Well, I think I am going to go relax in the recliner for a while.

Thanks for stopping by.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment