Thursday, April 22, 2010

First Post Op Visit

I know that I haven't been on for a while, but I am really feeling good now. It took me a couple of days, but I have to say it wasn't so bad.

I went off the pain medicine on Wednesday and stuck with Liquid Tylenol and the pain really wasn't bad. The protein shakes filled me up and I wasn't hungry at first. I didn't really start getting hungry until Saturday. And I have gotten hungry lately.

I can sleep on either side or even on my stomach and have no pain. It's been that way since Tuesday. I really like sleeping on my left side and that is where my port is. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep on that side for a while, but it really wasn't very long at all.

So, I went to the doctor's office today for my post op visit. It went well. I have lost 20 pounds since my first visit at Olympian Surgical Suites. Yeah, me.

I still have to say that the staff there are the nicest I have ever met in any medical office. They go out of their way to make sure you are getting what you need. It is a wonderful place.

I get to move on to soft foods today. I am so excited. I have been REALLY hungry about 3:00 each day. I can't find anything that sounds good to eat and a protein shake just doesn't cut it. But now, I will have a protein shake for breakfast and maybe lunch and then I can have soft food for dinner. I am so looking forward to that.

I need to exercise more, but my foot is still hurting from the plantar fasciitis and the podiatrist sent off my orthotic to try and get it to fit better. I guess I will try riding my bike this weekend when it isn't raining. I will find something that I can do.

Lisa is coming down with Gretchy and Daisy and Rosy are going to get their exercise. My doggies sure love her doggy.

Talk to you soon.


D

No comments:

Post a Comment