Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hanging In There

Just had dinner - this is the end of my second day and I am doing okay. I really like that I get dinner. At first, I didn't think that I got food other than the protein shakes - I'm glad that I was wrong.

I get a little bit of meat, veggies and starch. That makes me not hungry for the night. I get a little hungry in the afternoon, but I have a yogurt in the afternoon and it actually takes away my hunger.

I really notice food commercials now, I don't think that I noticed them that much before. I just do something else so I don't think about food. I think that the key to success in the pre-op part is to keep busy and not think about what you feel that you are missing.

All this is so worth it, I really can't wait for my surgery day and then beyond.

I have so much support from my family, co-workers and friends, every step of the way they are supportive - I think that really helps. My sister, Mona, and my friend, Franci, call to make sure that I am doing okay. I really appreciate all the kind words that everyone is sharing with me.

With their help, God and my own determination this is going to change my life. I am so looking forward to the journey.

Well, it is time to go walk the dogs. Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment