Monday, March 8, 2010

Even more excited - is that possible?

I went for my consultation today with Dr. Rohrscheib. Everyone there is so nice, they couldn't be more helpful.

I met with Dr. R. and he explained the surgery to me and all the risks. He explained how the band worked and answered all my questions. I thought I knew most of it, but he really did a good job of explaining everything. He made me feel better when he told me that the odds of losing all the weight I need to without surgical intervention was quite small. Your body can only diet for so long and then it sort of stops on its own. Not that it can't be done, just really a challenge.

I met with the nutritionist and she explained my future eating to me, including the two week pre-op. I get a little food in the evening but it is mainly the protein shakes. I have my mind set that I can do this. I want to help the doctor be successful, so I will stick to the pre-op diet.

It won't be long now.

No comments:

Post a Comment