Thursday, May 20, 2010

Haven't been around for awhile.

I know that I haven't posted for awhile, but May always seems to be so busy. The students are leaving the houses, the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors and also the end of Neal's school year.

I am still figuring out this wonderful tool that I was gifted. Sometimes it seems to work smoothly, but other times not so good.

I have felt like someone has been stabbing me in the belly button since last Monday. I figured that it had to do with me not being able to go to the bathroom (if you know what I mean).

Well, I saw the Nurse Practitioner today for my first fill (yeah!!!) and she recommended a laxative. Well, I took it and now things are clean as a whistle, but my stomach is still hurting. Hopefully, it will work its self out, otherwise I will be visiting the doctor next week.

As I said before, I got my first fill today, very happy about that. I had been getting hungry and doing the kitchen crawl. I am sure that I have been eating more than I did right after surgery, but way less than I did before the Lap Band.

I have had two Atkins shakes since I had my fill, I can't say that I am hungry, which is a good thing.

The fill itself was simple and painless. A little stick and then it is over. I now have 4cc's in my band and go back in 3 weeks for another fill. It could have been two weeks but I am taking Neal to Chicago for his 8th grade graduation gift.

I also exercised here at home tonight. I did one of the Biggest Loser DVDs. I really like the video. I work up a sweat but don't feel like I am killing myself. I really need to step up the exercising to really make sure I am doing all I can on this journey.

So, I am on liquids for the next two days and then onto mushies. I may stay on liquids a little longer if my stomach pain doesn't go away. Hopefully, it is nothing but my body getting used to the band.

The dryer just went off, so I need to go fold clothes. I will check back in a little later this week and update you on my stomach. Prayers for the pain to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment