Tuesday, May 3, 2011

One year and a little bit

It's been busy, but who's life isn't busy, right? I have one more final to take next week and then it is off to another college in the fall. I will be taking courses from Eastern Illinois University. Something like 25 to 30 more hours and I will have my bachelor's degree.

My one year bandiversary was on April 13th and I am down 90 pounds. I still have a long ways to go, but I feel so much better than I did on April 12, 2010. I have so much more energy and my life just seems even.

I don't obsess over food like I did before getting the band. Food, most times, is not on my mind and I would never have thought that would be possible in my life.

I plan on kicking up the exercise routines after next week too. I won't be busy studying or at class and am looking forward to having some time for me to do the things that I now enjoy. I have several friends who have said that they will play tennis with me. I love playing tennis but when you are living large it is not as much fun. So here is to many tennis games in my future this summer.

As I lose the weight, my body is transforming also. Things are much smaller, except for the girls - who seem to be hanging on; but things are a little looser too. I am hoping that over time they will go back to where they belong but if they don't I will have to think long and hard as to whether I want to surgically correct things. The only body parts that really bother me at this point are my arms. I have the bat wings plus a little more. Would I rather have them filled with fat? No way, it's just paying for the sins of eating.

I have to get ready for work, but just though that I would stop in here for a moment to catch you up.

I hope whoever is also on this same type of journey as me is doing well. We all stumble, just have to pick yourself up and look forward; looking back does nothing to help you.

Have a great spring day.

Until next time.............

Deena

1 comment: